Monday, April 04, 2011

Cake Pops Gone Corporate

I'm not sure when this happened, but Starbucks has finally jumped on the mini-dessert wagon, leaving their 490 calorie Iced Lemon Pound Cake crying in its 23 grams of fat.

Now, Starbucks has three varieties of cake pops (the dessert that took the food world by storm in 2009) in (from left to right) Rocky Road, Tiramisu, and Birthday Cake, as well as red velvet whoopie pies (the state dessert of Maine, filled with marshmallow/lard fluff), some mini cupcakes and salted caramel "sweet bars."

Not sure what that means.

I have to admit, I'm pretty stoked about the idea of ordering an additional something sweet with my sugar-sopped Triple Iced Skim No-Whip Raspberry Mocha that won't cost me my lunch's worth of calories. Way to get with it, Sbux.

1 comment: