Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving Detox Diet - Disaster or Doable?

I'm about to disclose my actual weight. But first, I'll tell you what it's taken to get there.

I weighed this much during my senior year of high school. After high school, my weight has been up and down, but never exceeding 180 pounds. I have been (during this time between high school and now)obsessed with calories, a daily jogger, a Weight Watchers member, a yogi, a Pilates practicioner, and just about every other kind of healthy-method dieter. Oh, and in France, I lived on the 6th floor of a building with no elevator.

But this Thanksgiving, I kind of overdid it. Okay, I really overdid it. I can feel my waistline stretching, despite my efforts at healthy eating (read: I've been eating one slice of pizza or one chocolate-chip cookie instead of two ). So on Yahoo!.com tonight there is a blog posting for a 72-hour Thanksgiving detox diet.

I have to admit, as well, that I've never followed a "diet" in my life. Healthy eating and education and exercise has always been my way to lose weight. So this is going to be the first time that I've ever actuall followed a prescribed meal plan.

Starting tomorrow, I'll post about my results. It should be interesting.

Oh, I forgot to mention how much I weigh. I'll put it in code. 200-45.5= my weight in lbs.

Yay for me. Wish me luck. The chef is dieting.

No comments: