Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bowl of Summer

Annie and I went out for sushi at Shin last night.  Since I'd written that post about Wa, I'd been craving raw fish.  Kinda like how going to food-voyeur site Tastespotting makes you want every dish on there.  Including the Nutella biscotti I spied this afternoon. 

Anyway, Shin was delightful - a real diamond right outside the mine.  Orlando has a bunch of really good sushi places, Saikyo, Amura, Wa, Seito, Shari - they're all lovely and fresh.  I just happened upon this dish of beauty for my appetizer.  The next time I go back, I'm going to ask for a double portion as an entree.  It's really delicious.  Check it out:


I love ceviche anyway, but this was just the paragon of the wonderful way that Latin and Asian foods intermingle.  Different cuts of fish - I think I counted 5 different kinds - play in the bowl with thinly sliced, mellow red onions, green, yellow and red bell peppers and a nice jumbo shrimp. The broth had a little jalapeno kick, which I really appreciated.  What a little bowl of summer.  I can't wait to have it again.

No comments: