Thursday, June 24, 2010

Update: 9 countries down...

Looks like I'm not the only one using food as a comparison in this World Cup.  "Danish pastry or Sushi?" asks Univisionfutbol.com.

Italy and France are out.  I'd say that makes it a pretty good shot that someone else can win the World Cup this year since two of the seven countries who've won the title in the past aren't even going to be competing the Round of 16 knock-out phase.  I'm looking forward to an underdog victory - Japan? Portugal? - I'm into it.  I can't wait for the US to play Ghana on Saturday.  I wonder what I'll make...

That being said, I haven't updated with my pictures so far (I'll do it tonight).  I've cooked from:


1. Germany
2. United States
3. Japan
4. Italy (actually, my Cliff cooked this one)
5. Argentina
6. Chile
7. Mexico
8. Korea (North & South count together, but only here, not in history)

I think that's it.  I'll post the pictures tonight, but this has to be one of the most fun experiments I've done.  I don't think I'll make it to 32 countries, but I'll keep on trying until the Final.  Bon appetit, world!  Go USA!

No comments: